IVF: YOUR NATURAL PREGNANCY
IVF is vitro fertilization, i.e. fertilization outside the human body. IVF is not "artificial insemination", as all stages of the procedure reproduce the natural process, only in laboratory conditions.
Incubators and special environments for cultivation in this case perform the role of fallopian tubes. The very same fertilization occurs naturally – penetration of a sperm through an eggshell in its cytoplasm.
The efficiency of one IVF cycle is from 30 to 50% depending on the age of the woman and the causes of infertility.
The duration of the treatment cycle is from 17 to 30 days, depending on the selected stimulation protocol. All stages are outpatient and do not require constant finding of patients in the clinic.
5 STAGES OF IVF:
- Controlled Ovarian hyperstimulation
- Puncture of follicles
- Sperm Collection and treatment
- Fertilization and embryo cultivation
- Transfer of embryos to the uterine cavity
The cost of services you can learn from the price-list.
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS FOR IVF?
- the attainability of the ovaries for puncture;
- presence of follicular apparatus;
- absence of acute inflammatory processes;
- absence of pathological changes in the uterine cavity;
- absence of pathological formations in the ovaries;
- consent of both sexual partners.
WHEN IS IVF RECOMMENDED?
- no fallopian tubes;
- obstruction of fallopian tubes;
- reduction of contractile activity of fallopian tubes;
- male factor of infertility;
- infertility of unclear genesis;
- failure of other treatment methods.
WHAT COMPLICATIONS CAN OCCUR IN IVF?
Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
This is an excessive reaction of the ovaries to hormonal drugs. While striving for the simultaneous maturation of several follicles in the IVF program, reproductology consciously go beyond normal physiological processes. Therefore, the OHSS of mild degree develops in most women. There is nothing wrong with this, the main thing is not to let the light degree go into the heavy. This is done in a timely manner:
- examination of the hormonal background before treatment;
- individual selection of the dosage of hormonal preparation;
- ultrasonic and hormonal control of the maturation of follicles, the appointment of special drugs.
Manifestations of OHSS can be a sense of unlocking, severity, pain in the lower abdomen. These symptoms are the result of some increase in the size of the ovaries and accumulation of significant amounts of fluid in the abdominal cavity. In this case prevention is very important, therefore, it is necessary to be very attentive to the sensations and at the slightest occurrence of symptoms OHSS immediately to address to the doctor. At a mild degree they completely disappear without treatment for 2-3 weeks.
Treatment of Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome
The basic principles of treatment:
- prevention of ovarian injury: bed rest;
- diet with increased content of protein products;
- abundant drink (up to 3 liters of liquid per day);
- mild nausea and vomiting;
- elimination of pain (painkillers);
- intravenous fluid injection.
If you have the above-mentioned complaints, you should immediately contact your doctor or any Doctor of our clinic! Only an additional examination-ultrasound, research of blood indices, etc., will help to assess the situation correctly and appoint adequate treatment.
This is a rare pathological process of fetal development outside the uterine cavity. Ectopic pregnancy is a threat to a woman's life as it is accompanied by a risk of tissue rupture and bleeding.
Symptoms of ectopic pregnancy
Often the symptoms of ectopic pregnancy are difficult to recognize at an early stage. Acute stabbing pain in the abdomen or pelvis is her first sign. Other symptoms: low blood pressure, dizziness or fainting and vaginal bleeding. If one or more of the above symptoms are detected, you should consult your doctor immediately, as internal bleeding is possible.